Men often complain that dating sites are more favorable for women. The numbers may bear this out in some regard, but it is clear from the numerous profiles I have now viewed on the dating app I am using, that many men either don’t have a clue or maybe they are just plain idiots.
While there isn’t one right profile that gets me to click in hope of matching, I have several deal-breakers:
- No profile text included whatsoever — If you can’t be bothered to make an effort before we’ve even met, I have no hope that you will make any effort for me; next!
- A cat in your top/cover profile pic; I’m just not a cat person and frankly, I think it is weird to feature your pet so prominently in your profile.
- No face included in your photo or simply a torso shot – I tried being less superficial, but I need to know that I find you attractive from the beginning.
- Measurements (other than height) or the phrases “hung” or “well hung”.
- Really bad photos such as you in front of a urinal, etc. – don’t you have any friends who you could ask to take a decent, non-bathroom shot of you?
- Baseball caps…in all of your photos (Dude, I just can’t).
Conversely, the things that do attract me:
- Nice selection of photos indicating a range of interests.
- Photos where I can clearly see your face.
- General attraction to said face.
- Intriguing/honest/genuine profile text.
- Specific interests that match mine such as D/s or Shibari.
- Age appropriate – I generally find that I am more interested in the 40-somethings than the 30-somethings.
The good thing is that I can easily and quickly weed out the guys who are clearly not a match for me and spend more time reading through the remaining profiles to find those who are. Although frankly, I need to take a break from the app since I now have a very full dance card.